Sunday, January 13, 2008

A crafty surprise

I spent a lot of time today doing random things - laundry, finishing a couple of small projects to put on Etsy, a little bit of school work, and bit by bit cleaning out of our spare bedroom/office/craft room.

I was looking through a bag of stuff that my Uncle had given me a long time ago. I thought it only had knitting needles in it, so I hadn't really gone through it yet. I found this:

It's called Hazel's Loom. I think the brochure is dated May 1967, but I'm guessing. You're supposed to use it to make straw flowers (like the ones on Aunt Edna's bag in National Lampoon's Vacation), but it also says you can make yarn flowers too. I think I'll try it and see what develops.

The best part of the brochure is this photo of the two women using the loom:

Don't they just look so happy to be wearing all of those straw flowers?

Here's what I put on Etsy today. Just a couple of hostess gift/housewarming gift type things.

Nice handknit 100 percent cotton dishcloth.

Set of four felted coasters.

•••

Last night, Mitzi and Betsy came over for a little Mexican fiesta. Mitzi brought some awesome enchiladas, Betsy brought a Key Lime pie from Tippin's. We made the margaritas. We tuned the Sirius to the Latin Pop channel to complete the atmosphere. Post dinner, Bets and I knitted while Mitzi and Adam played guitar. (Yes, just guitar, not Guitar Hero.)

We played that later...

•••

Almost forgot - I've added another friend to the list of blogging buddies over there on the right. Check out my friend Kim's blog at Warrens Wandering.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails