Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The saga continues

Minding my own business, running, no one else in the room, watching "The Biggest Loser" (more on that in a minute), it was bliss.

Halfway though, danged if the same stupid girl from the other day didn't come in and turn on and turn up one of the other TVs. Let me tell you, "Throwdown With Bobby Flay" and "The Biggest Loser" don't really go together auditorily. At all.

She got on the elliptical that is all the way across the room from the treadmill I was on, and turned up her TV. She worked out for about four minutes.

Then, she SAT on the elliptical for 10 minutes and watched the show.

Then, she left the room. Of course, she left the TV on at full volume.

Unfortunately for me, she returned shortly.

But, instead of going back to the elliptical, where the TV was already on, she sat on the exercise bike directly behind me. It has its own small TV she could have turned on, but she didn't. She wasn't biking. She was just sitting there, watching TV from across the room. At this point, a guy came in and got on the treadmill next to mine. He tuned to "Biggest Loser" so we were in TV harmony, with rude girl still sitting on the bike.

Cool guy left, rude girl gets on treadmill next to me. She tuned that TV to Bobby Flay, and turned it up. Keep in mind, the corner TV is still on and turned up. She's watching hers in stereo, and I'm fuming.

I did turn mine up tonight. Partly to be defiant, but mostly because I COULDN'T HEAR IT WITH ALL THE OTHER RACKET IN THE ROOM. Seriously, if this happens again, I think I'll just reach over and turn hers off.

Maybe I'll write a guest column for the Dunes monthly newsletter - "No Matter What You Might Believe, You're Not The Only One Who Uses The Exercise Room." The subhead can be "Don't act like a friggin' idiot."

•••

I never really blogged about "The Biggest Loser" over winter break, but during that time, I rediscovered one of my TV guilty pleasures. Adam and I watched the first season pretty religiously, then he decided he didn't like Jillian, the uber-hard core trainer. So we stopped. During break, I think it was Bravo (?) that ran BL marathons. I watched a lot of them. I'm fascinated by this show - people losing 15 pounds in a week? Jeesh. It's amazing to watch the ass-kicking a lot of the contestants receive. I love to watch it while I'm on the treadmill.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness they voted off Neill but we're sorry to see Amanda leave. I give their marriage two more years. Dump his lazy butt.

Love your blog. Reading about your experiences makes me want to knit but never join a health club! Thanks

chitknit said...

Yeah - I thought they were going to KILL Neill when he kept putting his hands down on the treadmill and Jillian made them all keep going. Especially when they only had about 20 more seconds to go and he put them down. Dude - you couldn't man up for 20 seconds? I feel bad for Amanda, as well.

Chris said...

I too have a BL habit. I've stayed away so far from the couples eps, but I can see myself slipping into watching it. I agree with Adam: I hate Jillian! Maybe she's different in person, but if I had to train with her I'd shoot myself. Glad you watch it from the treadmill. I usually watch it with some chocolate nearby. :-)

Bets said...

It looks like my anonymous comment stalker has made his way to your blog as well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails