Saturday, February 16, 2008

3-day-recharge

You might have noticed the lack of new posts the last few days. Thursday night I came home from school about 30 minutes early and crashed on the couch until Adam got home. I woke up long enough to have dinner, fell back asleep, and Amy called just in time to wake me up, have a little chat, and then watch "Lost," and go right to bed.

I'm sure when I answered the phone I probably sounded like my head was in a fog. My head was pounding all day at school and I was just so groggy. I guess my sleepfest on Thursday night was what I needed, though, because I felt a million times better on Friday at school.

We passed out the February issues Friday afternoon. It was probably one of the top two the kids have put out this year. After lunch, as I walked from the lounge back to my room, I was walking behind a kid who was walking/reading page two of the paper. Then, I started to notice all the other kids who were carrying the paper. That's one of the most fun things about being involved with a school newspaper - you are surrounded by your audience, so you get to enjoy them seeing the product.

Last night Mitzi came over for dinner and general dorkiness with Adam and I. Betsy's out of town, so she missed all the fun. Mitz hadn't watched this week's "Lost" yet, so we watched it again. I've decided that I hope Miles gets the axe soon, because I just don't believe anything he says. It all comes out with the exact same volume and inflection.

Adam cooked up some awesome homemade wings and fries, and we just took 'er easy.

Sidenote: YES! I'm watching Beverly Hills, 90210 as I type this, and they're playing "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News. ONE OF MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE SONGS!

It's a long weekend thanks to ol' George and Abe. We don't have any big plans - had all those last weekend for Cropaganza. One of my cousins is getting married this afternoon, so we'll go to that. Then, it's Amy's (not that Amy) birthday, so we might meet up with her and friends. What am I most excited about this weekend? Tomorrow I have an hourlong massage!!!!!!! The best part? It's only $25! I'm going to the massage school here in town. I'm sure it won't be as good as the Healing Waters experience, but you know what, I'll pay $25 for an hour of "me time."

•••

Last but not least for today:

This is cool - one of the Etsy girls has featured one of my items on her blog. It's a great way to get more exposure to my work. Check it out here. Her Etsy shop is here. My hope is that I can get some new items up on the site this weekend, to get some more views and hopefully more sales!

2 comments:

Bets said...

I'm sad I couldn't be there last night for the "general dorkiness". We went to dinner and made it an early night.
I kept checking the blog to see if you had posted and voila! ... you had this morning! YEAH!
SOOOOO happy for your post on that Etsy blog. Did she contact you? Do you know her? Looks like she has a good blog. I'll have to tab it when I get home. Happy Crafting today! Miss you both!

Jen Vecc said...

hi- thanks for putting my link on here! :) i'll have to add your blog to my blog list !!
happy saturday!
jen

Related Posts with Thumbnails