Monday, February 4, 2008

Arrggghhhh...did you ever have one of THOSE days?

And I can't even blame this one on the kids, because the day at school was actually pretty good. Kids were good, if a little tired, but then again so was I.

I had to stop by the Post Office to mail my latest sold item. On my way, I rang Adam to tell him I was on my way home. Or at least I thought I did.

Apparently, our cell phones have been temporarily shut off because I am ONE DAY LATE paying the bill. Are you freaking kidding me? We have had ATT/Cingular for three years, and have pretty much been model customers. I simply forgot to pay the bill right away when we got it, and paid it online Friday night. It's scheduled to go through tomorrow.

I can't even call customer service. I get a message that says my phone has been shut off. DUH. That's why I'm calling. Fuming, I drove all the way home, thinking I would contact them online.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS SEND THEM A DAMN E-MAIL. Well, I have to set up my online profile. Then, I have to set a temporary password. Then, I have to check my text messaging to reset the temp password...OH WAIT.

I CAN'T CHECK MY TEXTS BECAUSE THE SERVICE IS SHUT OFF.

Can you tell I'm a little pissed about this? I could understand if we were a few months delinquent on the bill. We're not. It's one month's invoice, and it's 24 hours late.

So, if you call us tonight, we're not ignoring you, we're just incommunicato. E-mail is the way to go at least until we get to school tomorrow, when I WILL be calling the 1-800 number and the CSR's receiver will probably melt in his/her hand.

•••

At least my hit count is now over 10,000. That's pretty freaking cool. Since first week of June, 10,000 people have stopped by to check us out.

By the way, the contest for Relay For Life Scarf is still open - remember, all you have to do is donate to our fundraising campaign. You can do so online with a debit or credit card here.

9 comments:

Chris said...

I donated today and I'm excited that I might win a Jill C. prize!

Linda said...

That happened to us w/Cingular about 6 years ago. We were one day late also. As soon as I could, I got rid of their service and went w/Verizon. Never had a problem with them.

Kathryn said...

That stinks. Although it makes my bad day not seem so bad. Never had that problem with T-mobile.

Kathryn said...

btw...call me tomorrow night. I have updates on cropaganza!

Bets said...

I was about to drive over to your place to check on you two! I would have ... if I hadn't fallen asleep on the couch at 7:45. Sorry we didn't get a hold of each other tonight.

Anonymous said...

I'm in town. I have a land line and a throw-away phone.

Anonymous said...

I'm in town. I have a land-line and a throw-away life. Contact me if you need someone to visit customer service at any company. Some of my greatest joy comes from being obnoxious.

Bets said...

Uh oh! They're baaaaack! :)

chitknit said...

Good! I missed them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails