Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Your life in six words - can you do it?

A fellow teacher sent me this link to an NPR story he saw online. Surprisingly, I hadn't heard the story on the radio - I listen to NPR every morning and every afternoon going to and from work. Apparently, there's a new project asking folks to write their memoir in six words or less. I guess it started with an online magazine, Smith. The submissions have been compiled into a book, called "Not What I Was Planning" - presumably someone's memoir in itself.

We talked about it at lunch today. I've been working mine over in my head, but I'm having a hard time.

Some good ones:

Catholic school failed. Sin is in!
I still make coffee for two.
Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends.

And, last but not least, in honor of my buddy Jeff, and his wife's mad Cropaganza dancing skills: "I like big butts, can't lie."

I'll continue to ruminate on mine, but how about you show me yours?

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

You so funny!

Bets said...

"Coming back as Johnson County dog!"

Lori said...

Maybe:

Some bad, but thankfully, more good.
or
Dogs made all the difference.
or
Lots to regret, but I don't

Candice said...

Still too young to tell, really.

chitknit said...

Good one, Candice!

Those all are good suggestions.

I'm leaning toward:

Never works the way I want.

Nicki said...

Abundance of potential, sadly not realized.

Bets said...

If I had known everyone was going to be so serious, I wouldn't have joked about silly people who treat their dogs like children. Who are those people?

Matt said...

Feelin groovy, let music move me.
or
Loving life, loving wife (soon to be that is), no strife?
Maybe I shouldn't try to go for the rhyming. I'm no Young MC.

Related Posts with Thumbnails