Wednesday, February 27, 2008

All I ever hear is Martha, Martha, Martha

This time it's for a good cause, though.

Friday, Martha Stewart will be featuring Etsy on her show. I'll have to root around on the DVR and see if I can get it recorded. I'm excited because I hope this will really get the word about Etsy out to people who aren't already on the site. There's a little story about it here.

•••

We had yoga today for the first time in what seemed like forever. We had a snow day that canceled it one week, then Amy, our instructor, got really sick last week so we canceled again. It felt so good today. I'm pretty darn sure I fell asleep during shavasana which is the relaxation pose at the end of the class. Yoga must really work, because I can fall asleep in about two minutes after a yoga class in the middle of the afternoon, but in my bed, at night, with a pillow and blanket and the whole she-bang, it takes an hour of tossing and turning for me to fall asleep.

Yoga will have to be the extent of my exercise today. Betsy and I went to a KCEtsy meeting tonight, so I didn't get home in time to run. That means I'll have to run tomorrow, Friday and Saturday to get my week's total up where I want it.

•••

For tonight's little slice of randomness, here's what I want to know from y'all -

What the heck are you planning to do on Friday? It's Feb. 29 - you have to do something! It's a once-every-four-years-opportunity! I was really proud of my newspaper kids - they actually thought to go and ask the registrar if we had any students whose birthdays fell on the 29th, so we could put a special happy birthday shout out to them on the calendar page. Unfortunately, we have no four-year-olds at BV.

3 comments:

Amy D. said...

I heard Emporia State University didn't have classes last week on Friday because of the leap year — so faculty/students could have a day off (wouldn't want to work them an extra day this year). Seems odd though, that they wouldn't just do this Friday.

And by the way, Adam has a cousin who was born on Feb. 29.

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you my experience with buying on Etsy. I bought a very nice valentine artifical flower arrangement. Was charged $5.00 and free shipping. When the item arrived, it was boxed very nicely and the cost of shipping was $5.30. She actually lost money but she also won over a consumer. If I ever need another arrangement, I would surely check out her site again. She did beautiful work. Her site is DaisyDesignsFloral.
Aunt Janet(can't find my password to actually sign in..I know pitiful)

aday said...

I plan to finishing creating my Crop Camp board book for the class I am teaching.

I know I know no excitment here

Related Posts with Thumbnails