Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Are they all just crazy Mennonites...

livin' in a HIP HOP paradise?

My apologies to Joshua, but check this out. Crazy Bethel kids.

I stumbled upon this little gem today after reading a blog post here about teachers learning the "Soulja Boy" dance. (I'll get back to that in a minute.)

How did I get from "Soulja Boy" to Joshua? The post reminded me that every once in a while, I feel like I should Google search myself, YouTube search myself, etc., to see if any crazy kid has posted random cell-phone video of something stupid I've done or said...So, I searched "Chittum" on YouTube, and along with random videos of babies taking first steps (not mine), and a bluegrassish band with a member whose last name is Chittum, up popped little Joshua and his mad hip hop dancing skills.

It's also helpful to see what from my blog pops up when I search my name. I think I'm pretty good about keeping it mostly G-rated, but I feel like I need to be extra careful these days. I'm torn - there are a lot of things I'd like to say on here that I don't. I like my job, and I like my paycheck, so I try to tow the line.

The real reason I went to YouTube in the first place was to see if any of the video that's been shot of BV teachers doing that dance made it into internet oblivion yet. Last semester, our broadcasting kids did a segment of teachers doing the dance. (I was not one - a. I don't know the dance, and b. I think the song is freakin' ridiculous and highly offensive). I thought maybe some enterprising kid would have posted a bit of it somewhere.

I have to say, our teachers do it much better than the few that I looked at online.

I wished one of the math teachers a happy late birthday today - he's 25. He said last year he was the youngest staff member in the building. This year, there are eight people younger than him teaching at BV. That's good news for Adam and I - lots of new teachers to get to know and add to our circle of friends.

I think I'm going to take a little nap - we're playing trivia tonight for the first time in what feels like forever tonight. I've been up since 5:30, so I don't think I'll make it until 11 without a nap.

God, I am getting old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh, heh. I feel ya! It's so much fun to try and keep up though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails