Monday, March 24, 2008

Tossin' and turnin' turnin' and tossin'

I am beat after today. It wasn't a tough day at school, I just got no sleep last night. Adam and I both are stuffed up right now, and I don't know if his snoring actually woke me up, or just kept me up. I finally had to hit the sofa about 3 a.m. Even after the relocation, I still didn't get any good sleep.

Finally, at 5:15, I just quit fighting it and got up. I was going to get up at 5:45 anyway, so the extra half hour just helped me get to school early enough to get my stuff ready (copies made) before 80 other teachers were in there trying to do the same thing.

I told Adam maybe I should get up that early every day. I got a ton done before the first hour kids rolled in, and if I go early, then maybe I wouldn't have to stay late? Who knows. I stayed til 5 tonight, but that's just because I got everything ready for J1 for the rest of this week. Since I don't have to plan for those two hours for the next few days, hopefully I'll catch up on grading stories. I made a good dent in the pile yesterday.

My side ventures (knitting, Etsy, crochet, scrapbook tags) are all definitely taking the back burner here for a little bit, with everything else that has been going on and will be going on for the next few weeks. Too bad, too, because a little Etsy money in the pocket would be nice.

Unfortunately, I married into the part of the alphabet that gets stuck paying personal property tax on vehicles the same exact month that we pay income tax. Yay. Anybody ever notice that the zip code for the seat of our state government starts with 666? I'm jus' sayin' is all.

I'm going to watch DVRed "New Adventures of Old Christine" and hit the sack. It IS a school night, after all.

Fourth quarter, baby - let the games begin!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Funny on the zip code. Hopefully your week will get better. If not, stock up on lots of coffee.

Bets said...

That boy on the right-hand side of your blog kinda looks like this guy I saw today at work. Weird! I saw him today, but no Adam! :)
I actually got my desk cleaned off this morning in the 10 minutes before the kids walked in. Not necessarily cleaned off, but tidied up and it felt really good. I should make a goal to do that every morning! Reason enough to get there early.

Amy D. said...

I absolutely noticed the Topeka zip code — when I sent my $48 tax check in last month.

aday said...

I am totally with you, we are the Days who have it due in Winfield in April as well. And always have to pay, still dont know why we cant claim our dog too. He gets pricey

Anonymous said...

haha - the gov - so funny. Going in early, when you are a teacher, definitley helps! It really helps to make you feel tremendously productive and prepared! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails