Sunday, March 23, 2008

Weekend Recap

We made it back from Doodah okay yesterday. Our original plan was to do something with Betsy and Mitzi last night, but after we got home from the grocery store (which, trust me, if you went to the same store we do, it would sap you as well), we were really tired. We ate dinner, watched basketball, and went to bed early.

Both of us are feeling a little congested again. Not sure if it's a cold since we were around to sniffly three-year-olds, or if it's allergies since I worked in the yard raking up dust and leaves all day Saturday. I'm getting all Airborned up, and I slept in today, so hopefully I won't have to take a sick day this week.

Right before we left town, we met with our real estate agent about our little house. She really liked the house, and said she didn't think there were any major things we'd need to do to get it on the market. She's going to let us know in about a week what we're thinking as far as asking price and all that stuff.

It's very emotional. I love that house. I don't really think of our house in Valley Center as our first house, because we were only there for a year and I hardly remember it. We lived in this little house for three years, and it's so damn cute.
There are a lot more signs of spring in Wichita than I've seen here in KC. All around the yard, the perennials are starting to poke out of the ground.

Tulips near the house, and the rose bush next to these is waking up as well.

These little guys are always the first flowers I see in our yard. They're crocus, I think. We have a few little sprigs of them around the yard.


These are daylilies that I picked up from Georgia last year. She always has tons of great plants to divide and spread each year from her yard. I'm glad to see these are already up and going, it looks like they did spread a little bit even just from last year.

In the front yard, the peonies we moved from Grandma J's house are coming up as well. I didn't take a photo because they look like little red lipsticks shooting out of the ground at this stage, so they're not really pleasing to the eye.

Lucky for me it was warm on Friday, because Saturday it got pretty chilly. I wish I could have taken Friday's temp and mixed it with Saturday's lack of wind - that would have made a perfect day for raking. Sometimes, raking in Kansas really blows (and yes, I do mean that literally).

After I worked in the yard most of the day Friday, we headed off to Jeff and Kat's for basketball and pizza and drinks. We got to hang out with Kurt and Terry and Kurt's new baby boy, Cam. We had seen Cam in photos but hadn't met him yet.

If you read We Three Love to Be, you've seen the sweet TV setup for watching basketball. So, I wonder why we all ended up standing in the kitchen watching the tiny TV for a while? Parties always end up in the kitchen, I guess.


While it was still light outside, L wanted to go out and play, so she got to run around with her buddy Adam for a bit. I'm always worried when we don't get to see Kyle and L for long periods of time that they're going to forget who we are.


When we came in, she tried on my sunglasses. Now, tell me, do you think this girl gets her photo taken very much?


She's a pro.

3 comments:

Amy D. said...

It was good to see you — and go knit shop hopping with ya. Have you heard about the Airborne having to pay back consumers for false advertising?
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=87937907

Anonymous said...

I just want to say how enjoyable your recent entries have been! Not that your other entries aren't, but I really enjoyed reading about your spring flowers, you selling your house, hangin out with your friends, and well...the personal stuff that makes you a PERSON!

I related a lot to many of your entries! I'm watching the spring flowers pop up slowly here too, although all I see are daffodills and the makings of a few crocus also. Anthony and I will be selling our little house next year, so I totally know where you're at and how you're feeling!

Best of luck to you - and lastly - your little ham for the cam is SUPER CUTE - she's adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh - and your little house IS adorable...you should have no problems selling it, at least given the curb appeal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails