Sunday, March 30, 2008

Monkey Business

The annual Lauryn-Turns-3-Fondue-UCLA-makes-it-to-the-final-four party was a rousing success. Betsy was initiated into the Wichita group of friends last night. Mostly the usual suspects were in attendance. Adam couldn't make it because he had class Saturday morning, so it was nice that Bets could provide the in-drive entertainment for me.

Lauryn went for the monkey's ear.

Here's the fondue setup - plenty of pots of hot oil, along with melty cheese. If you've read Loving Life, or We Three Love to Be, you've already read all about it.

Here's Doug and his tiny-winey. Doug always has quite the interesting drink choices - usually it's something and Tuaca, but last night he was going for the wine. Why the tiny glass?

"It was the only one that fit in the cooler for the ride over," he said. Nice and practical.

After a lot of eating, a LOT of laughing (Pamida, anyone?), and some present-opening by the guest of honor, we finished watching basketball and then hit Rock Band. I'm no longer a Guitar Hero disciple - Rock Band rules! Four people can play at once! I think I must have been a drummer in a former life because playing the drum kit was my favorite part. Hopefully they'll make it for the Wii soon. Until they do, we'll continue to rock out to GH on our Wii.

•••

I get a "D" for party hopping this weekend. I only made it to two out of the three I was supposed to. Look for another post very shortly to explain the morning's festivities. I missed my friend Cary's wedding party. Honestly, I felt really weird about going by myself (since Adam had to stay back in KC). I know there would have been lots of people I know there, but after being married for all this time, I'm a little self-conscious of going to big events by myself.

Too used to having someone to talk to, I guess. I really wanted to go, but I didn't. Sorry, Chuck.

2 comments:

Amy D. said...

Now I feel really bad about saying no. We should have tried to plan that earlier, and I could have made alternative plans for karla, adam and kyle. It would have been a fun party.

Then again, Mr. C. didn't invite me — perhaps he had his reasons. (-; Figured an almost 8-month preggo lady at his party might cramp his style? ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Tiny winey...hahahah. I laughed out loud! I love fondue!!! When Anthony and I move back to Pa. next year, I can't wait to have a party. Thanks for sharing your fun pics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails