Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Coming soon to an Etsy site near you...

Check out my latest trick!

It's a crocheted iPod/tech/phone cozy. Worked it up last night while watching October Road. I'm actually pretty proud of it since I JUST relearned how to do it last week. E is a good teacher!

I think my new favorite seaming method might be crocheting instead of sewing. I still haven't mastered the whole sewing by hand thing to my satisfaction. I'll DO it, but I don't LIKE it.

•••

I'm wondering how many of you watched "High School Confidential" last night. I had planned to, but I was caught up in "October Road." I've already set the DVR to catch the rerun of last night's show, so that I can watch the rest.

It takes place in the school that is just about a half-mile from our apartment. It's the same district in which I teach, but not our building.

I heard complaints today from a few students who watched it. The biggest complaint was that in the transition scenes, the producers choose to use scenes of pastures, sunsets, cows and wheat fields. All beautiful, I'm sure, but I can assure I see none of those things on my way to and from work each day as I pass "Northwest" High School.

Do people think that viewers will "forget" that a show takes place in Kansas if they don't show farm scenes? Come on. The sad thing is that the woman who produced the documentary is from this area - her daughter attended the school. It's not like it's a big city West Coaster who came in to shoot the thing.

Grrr.

I suppose I'll reserve future judgment until I see it for myself.

6 comments:

Heather rules said...

As you know, I watched. I enjoyed it. It made me happy that I am no longer a teenager.

Heather rules said...

BTW - I left you some clues for the lyrics.

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch your shows and I'm not from Kansas, but when I think of Kansas, I think of, "Somewhere over the Rainbow." Hahaha. They prob. thought fields would be more appealing than the city. My home town, although rural, was protrayed as absolutely destitute in The Mothman Prophecies - what can you do? Inaccurate, but it is what it is.

Anonymous said...

Nice job on your iPod case!

Anonymous said...

But then again...Mothman Prophesies was not a documentary.

Linda said...

hey Jill, does your Ipod case hold a video IPOD?

Related Posts with Thumbnails