Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cheezmo SapFest - This Week's October Road

You've all heard me rave about this show before - but not tonight.

The ONLY thing that saved this week's episode for me was the inclusion of the following songs:

"Epic" by Faith No More

"Coming Home" by Cinderella

and

"I Remember You" by Skid Row (yeah - still gives me goosebumps, must be memories of the good old Snowball Skate or something)

The ep was completely non-sequitur. Did we forget that we had an hour to fill this week or something? It was so surface - "Hey Guys, a childhood friend (who happens to be a girl) you haven't thought of or seen in 18 years passed away - let's turn that in to a lesson about why you're having problems with current girlfriends."

It just didn't add up. What a disappointment.

Thank God E. taught me how to crochet today at our weekly after-school knitting gig, so I had something of some value on which to concentrate.

2 comments:

Bets said...

You'll be so proud of me that I got caught up on TWO LOST EPISODES! I was hoping to watch all 3 before tonight's, but no such luck. Off to see if I can keep my eyes open for another episode on my laptop!

Anonymous said...

I would say I totally disagree with you. The whole premises behind the episode is to show that you cannot hold everyone to the standards of your first love. Each of the guys in the show are always looking for something better when in fact they may have the perfect person for them already and I think thats what this episode was about. They all crushed on Angela for one reason or another and its like their dream of the perfect girl died when they found out she passed. It took them awhile to remember that she kind of shined them on for Bear. But in the end Bear was her match...I thought it was a good episode. More guys need to forget the idea of a perfect girl and settle for a best friend, wife, lover, etc.. okay enough....I making myself sick.
Aunt Janet

Related Posts with Thumbnails